Search this site or the web powered by FreeFind

Site search Web search

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eighty Degrees and Climbing and I don't Know What To Do With Myself

My computer tells me it's eighty degrees outside, it's beautiful out there and yet all I can do is sit here and write. I have this overwhelming feel that I need to just sit here and keep typing. I need to keep typing until whatever it is that is bothering me subsides. It's like I have this nagging feeling inside of me that just won't go away and the worst part is I really cannot identify it. It's almost as if I got one part of my life figured out so now I have to deal with other things. Things that I can't even really begin to start sorting out. It's almost as if I'm hitting that moment in my life where I feel myself begin to turn. I think you may know what I am talking about. That moment or time where you feel as if everything familiar is starting to become strange. Where you feel as if you are starting on a new path. A path that may be frightening and scary and you are still clinging to the past because you really don't know how else to react. I sort of feel as if that is where I am at. I'm really trying to go into this with an open mind, but it still scares me. It scares me because I don't know where I'll be or where I'm going. It scares me because I don't know what is going to change and what is going to stay the same. I know it is inevitable but facing it is so hard and writing about it makes it easier and harder at the same time. By writing about it I am acknowledging its existence and at the same time making myself feel better by releasing it out of my system. I am at a loss for words but I'm sure there will be more. I must do the things I have to do today so I am going to pry myself away from the computer even though I could write all day today, but I have to finish things. More later......

2 comments:

C. Davis said...

Thanks so much for your comments! I know I am not the only one going through these things, but it sometimes feels like I am. Like, am I crazy? Am I the only one who sees these things this way?

I know what you mean about feeling like you are at a crossroads. Like everything will change and become something different if you just push in one spot, but you don't quite know where to push.

Change is scary but very important to growth. It is good that you feel you are at a changing moment. I believe change is always for the better, even if what becomes better is not always obvious.

Browneyedgurly said...

I think a lot of people feel the same way. Some themes are just universal but I think a lot of us are scared to talk about them or its just not acceptable socially to approach things like this in everyday life. This is what I enjoy about blogging is that it can open up a doorway for all sorts of conversation. Thanks again for your comments!!

Add to Technorati Favorites