Search this site or the web powered by FreeFind

Site search Web search

Saturday, June 2, 2007

To Love Or Be Loved? We Really Should Do Away With Such Questions



I realized that over the last week or so I've begun to come full circle on the relationship wheel. It's as if I've crashed and burned and then crashed and burned again and now I'm at point A again. So now the logical part of me realizes maybe that isn't quite full circle. I would like to believe it is though, I would like to believe I have something to offer the world in terms of relationship advice but I'm afraid I probably don't. I realize that I'm just twenty three years old and I don't know all that much about life or love or anything of the sort, but there are things I do know.
I traveled to England and France when I was eighteen and I was first introduced to the Love Is... comics in Paris's equivalent to the Subway. Touched by their simplicity and their honesty I took something out of that experience and it's stayed with me ever since.
Once again I really feel as if I don't know where to step and where to fall. At time I have felt so worldly and so on cue with the things going on around me. Then there are those times when that person or that thing can just knock the wind out of you and everything is out of place.
I think my point here is I don't know what love is, I don't know what its boundaries are, I don't know what it accepts, I don't know what it rejects. I don't know what it looks like and sometimes I'm not sure what it feels like. I know it's often hard to even say you love someone but sometimes I'm not even sure about that. Sometimes I wonder what the weight of our words are and what they carry. I just plain wonder.
It can be so easy to fall in love and often times harder to fall out of love. It's often times harder to talk about these things. I just wish there was an easy answer for a complicated thing, but that would be too easy. Besides I don't like things that are easy anyways. I think I'm running out of steam so I should end this. If you need a little reminder about the simplicity of love check out the Love Is page it puts a lot back into perspective.
Love Is...

2 comments:

Beginning with "B" said...

I wonder if I love you.

(yes, I think I do)

do you?

We could spend our entire lives trying to answer these questions. The answering lies in experience.
First: Love yourself.

From this, you'll find another who is wondering the same things.

Best wishes.

xx,adam b.
I love you,btw.~~(^_^)~~

Anushree said...

Hey Carolyn....wat u've written is so damn true....no matter hw mch n in wat way u experience love...its neva enuf to quite understand wat this whole thing is all abt...good thots...keep writin:)

Add to Technorati Favorites